Friday, March 20, 2009

getting a move made on

As much as I would like for this blog post to be about a girl I met who pulled some moves on me, it is merely about how a guy at my work, who does not describe himself as transgender, but rather "intersex" left me a note while I was working last night, that went a little something like this...

(his cell and home number)

Savante
Hey handsome, give me a call sometime,
I would love to get to know you better.

so basically I was a little shocked to say the least, but then I realized after asking a few other co-workers who were also working at the time, that I talk a lot, and I am friendly, which I guess could come across as "hey I want you".

the better part of this story is that when I talked to him today, he said he didn't know I was mormon, and then proceeded to tell me about how he was in the Issaquah 6th ward, or something like that, and that the bishop had to ask the general authorities if it was ok to have Savante in the ward, and they said that it was, depending on what gender he identified with. but then he says something to me about "well then I had to decide which half goes to priesthood and which half goes to relief society".

needless to say, this has been one interesting week for me :)

3 comments:

  1. That's crazy...
    I really can't believe his bishop told him that...

    But that's still a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that people that have had gender reassignment can get baptised if they join the church afterwards, and then they must chose and maintain one specific sex. Your friend tells a good story but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, despite the name of your blog, sounds like you have at least come close to being fooled again.

    ReplyDelete